I’ve been a waitress for a little over a month now, and I absolutely love it! Here’s why:
1. I get to meet new people every shift!
2. I’m building relationships with our “regulars”.
3. I get to serve others (after all, my job title is “server”).
4. I get to talk about my other love, FOOD!
5. I see old friends who so happen to stop by. For example, my old neighbors and a high school classmate were at my restaurant over the weekend.
6. I love the team I work with! They’re amazing!
7. I’m learning new skills (as I’d never been a waitress before), and I love learning!
8. I get a free meal after each shift… And who doesn’t like free food?
9. I stay busy on the job instead of clock watching. “Time flies by when you’re having fun”!
10. At the end of my work day, I don’t feel like I’ve worked a bit. I’m honestly enjoying what I do, so it’s not “work”, it’s a “labor of love”!