I’ve been a waitress for a little over a month now, and I absolutely love it! Here’s why:
1. I get to meet new people every shift!
2. I’m building relationships with our “regulars”.
3. I get to serve others (after all, my job title is “server”).
4. I get to talk about my other love, FOOD!
5. I see old friends who so happen to stop by. For example, my old neighbors and a high school classmate were at my restaurant over the weekend.
6. I love the team I work with! They’re amazing!
7. I’m learning new skills (as I’d never been a waitress before), and I love learning!
8. I get a free meal after each shift… And who doesn’t like free food?
9. I stay busy on the job instead of clock watching. “Time flies by when you’re having fun”!
10. At the end of my work day, I don’t feel like I’ve worked a bit. I’m honestly enjoying what I do, so it’s not “work”, it’s a “labor of love”!
Hello, Friends! I realize I’ve been MIA lately, but I’ve been quite busy doing life! In fact, I just had an incredible Columbus Day weekend!
My weekend started off with a bang when Mark and I hosted an Ice Cream Social at our apartment. We invited a mixed group of people, and we enjoyed having everyone over for a great time of fellowship… and sweets!
On Saturday, I had a lovely time at the in-laws with my puppy, Maddux. We ate pancakes and shared lots of laughs! I know it’s probably odd to love spending time with one’s in-laws as much as I do, but they truly are great people and wonderful examples of Christ-followers!
Sunday afternoon, Mark and I participated in a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. We joined friends and family from our home church, and we had loads of fun raising money and awareness for breast cancer/research. I love how beautifully our Fredericksburg community comes together for amazing causes like this one. We are so blessed to live in a town with such a big heart!
Lastly, I made Ree Drummond’s applesauce recipe from locally-grown apples… I love fall, and the applesauce fully embraced what the flavor of fall means to me! I’d recommend checking out the applesauce recipe here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/10/homemade-applesauce/.
So, how was your weekend? Did you do anything special for Columbus Day? I would love to hear what’s happening in your life. Thanks for following, and I look forward to connecting with you soon.
Peace and Love,
Friday. Friday. Friday. I will say it again, “Friday!” I am so happy for today.
This week, I have had such a great time! I’m loving my new job as a waitress. I love my time at home, taking care of the animals and household chores. I’m truly blessed to be where I am at! Here are my top 3 favorite things about this week:
1. Mark and I went to my parents’ house for lunch on Sunday. It was so nice to catch up with my parents and share a meal in their kitchen again. They provided a feast for us; my mom prepared several veggies and bread, and my dad grilled steaks. We even had apple pie and salted caramel ice cream for dessert. Yum! I’m so grateful for their hospitality.
2. I had my first full morning of volunteering at a local women’s shelter. I must admit, I was bored at first, but then the office gave me more things to do. I’m glad I can serve at a nearby non-profit organization, whether bored or busy. Honestly, I would like to find a career in the non-profit world someday, and I feel content to be a volunteer for now.
3. Mark and I have had some amazing mornings this week! I used to feel like our mornings were dependent on my ability to make a good breakfast and good coffee… But I’ve realized we can enjoy ourselves whether I mess up the coffee (hello, French Press) or feed us toast. We have more time to connect early in the morning, and we plan out our days and lives in the wee morning hours. I’m thankful for a husband who wakes up early with me and starts my day off right!
So, what about you? How’s your week been? Are you ready for the weekend?